Old April 4th 07, 03:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Charles W Davis

Default MS Trackball Explorer 1.0 - Windows Vista Ultimate

Bob,

Thanks. All is now well.
"Bob" wrote in message
"Charles W Davis" wrote in message
I have now jumped through all the currently known hurdles in about 10
days, except this one.

I cannot find an updated driver for the subject device. All functions
work except the 4th of 4 buttons. There is nothing to allow me to set the
"programmable" functions. Think about this, I bought the thing because
the then new Windows XP did not support my Logitech trackball. After all
of these years, I don't want to learn a new one. I can't even find one on
the MS Web site for sale.

Any ideas?

Have you installed the Intellipoint software for your trackball? I have
the Trackball Optical and all the functions work with the latest software.
You can get it he
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mo.../Download.mspx
HTH,
Bob