Old April 5th 07, 10:31 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Steve Jain

Default Updating video card drivers HELP

On Tue, 3 Apr 2007 21:50:02 -0700, drheywoodfloyd
wrote:

Just found this series of messages, and I'm having more or less the same
problem.

4-5 daily crashes and lock-ups since I purchased this new computer (on
3.14), but I believe the problem is my NVIDIA graphics card. I have found the
beta driver update at their site, but, as has been mentioned here, I'm to
uninstall the old one first. However, I can't find it listed among my
"uninstall programs" list. Also, a search for "NVIDIA" lists nothing.

According to the packaging on my system, I should have a GeForce 6150SE
installed, but a deeper look in Vista states a GeForce 6100 nForce 430.

Odd? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Generally, if you have nVidia drivers installed they should show up
under Programs and Features and you should be able to unistall. If
you don't have this, it's possible that don't have anything but the MS
video drivers installed.

Cheers,
Steve Jain, Virtual Machine MVP
http://vpc.essjae.com/