Old April 8th 07, 05:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Richard Urban

Default 2nd Internal Not working

A basic disk is the default mode. A dynamic disk is created by choice or by
accident. If you try to convert a dynamic disk to a basic disk you will
loose everything - guaranteed. It is likely "because" the disk is a dynamic
disk that you cant see under the new operating system.

You only hope, at this point, is to do what I first said. You MUST copy the
information to another drive, even if you have to beg, borrow or steal it.
You would do this while having the hard drive connected to a computer that
is using the same operating system as was used when the files were saved to
the drive.

Then you would put the drive back in your present computer and delete all
partitions that are currently present. You would then create a new partition
and format the same as NTFS. You want the drive to end up as a basic disk
once again.

--

Regards,

Richard Urban MVP
Microsoft Windows Shell/User

"JoeRV007" wrote in message
Thanks for that. Unfortunately, its not really possible. My windows HD is
only 20gb and my storage HD is 80gb and is almost full.

I have just checked this and according to Windows Computer Management
Disk
Managment, my other Hard Drive is a Dynamic disk. I have never heard of
that
before.

Can anyone help?