Old April 8th 07, 07:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
David Vair

Default 2nd Internal Not working

Did you do a clean install of Vista and was the drive in the machine at the time? It may be an
ownership issue on the drive itself. Do a google for taking ownership of files and folders and see
if that helps.
--
Dave Vair
CNE, CNA, MCP, A+, N+

"JoeRV007" wrote in message
news
I have just installed Vista Home Premium and my second internal HD won't
work. The HD worked in the previous installation of XP Pro and from a Live CD
version of Linux.

According to the Computer Manager, the drive needs to be formatted before it
can be used. I dont want to format it becuase it has all my mp3s and photos
on.

Any suggestions