Cruzer devise incompatible

Old February 4th 07, 06:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
ChicksLoveChocolate

Default Cruzer devise incompatible

I just got a new Dell laptop with Vista and it is incompatible with the micro
Cruzer 2.0 GB jump drive that I tried to use to transfer files that I need
on the laptop. Is there any way around this incompatibility and is it Vista
that is doing it?

Any help would be appreciated.
Old February 4th 07, 06:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Dustin Harper

Does it give an error when you try installing it? I have a similar
Cruzer that works (although a 1GB rather than a 2GB).

Dustin Harper

http://www.vistarip.com

Old February 4th 07, 07:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Herb Tyson [MVP]

My 2GB Cruzer works fine with Vista, as well. I wonder if yours is
defective, or maybe your Dell's HD is so fast that it sees the Cruzer as a
slower virtual memory resource (this doesn't seem likely, but I've yet to
see an adequate explanation of exactly how Vista "decides" whether a USB
memory device qualified. I have a 1GB USB drive that Vista won't use.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com

Old February 4th 07, 10:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Robert Moir

Herb Tyson [MVP] wrote:
My 2GB Cruzer works fine with Vista, as well. I wonder if yours is
defective, or maybe your Dell's HD is so fast that it sees the Cruzer
as a slower virtual memory resource (this doesn't seem likely, but
I've yet to see an adequate explanation of exactly how Vista
"decides" whether a USB memory device qualified. I have a 1GB USB
drive that Vista won't use.

Motherboard chipset drivers not all they could be? If the chipset or USB
drivers are not spot on then the USB ports are nothing more than rather
poorly styled airholes, after all.

Old February 5th 07, 03:25 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Joseph Macari

I also have a Cruzer Micro 2GB (I removed U3 software and reformatted with
NTFS) that works fine with Readyboost ; I also have a 1gb Micro that
works....

Old February 5th 07, 06:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Nameless

I have the same problem with micro Cruzer 2.0 GB from Sandisk and my new
Dell computer with Vista installed. I can't imagine Dell having this as
part of there computer package if it was not compatibale with Vista, but who
knows. Tried to install and it just says installation was not successfull.
Anyway folks, any real help here would be appreciated.

Thanks

"ChicksLoveChocolate" wrote
in message ...

Old February 5th 07, 11:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Nonymous

"Joseph Macari" wrote in
:

I also have a Cruzer Micro 2GB (I removed U3 software and reformatted
with NTFS) that works fine with Readyboost ; I also have a 1gb Micro
that works....

I have a two Cruzer Micros (4GB and 1GB) that work fine in Vista, but they
show up in Device Manager as yellow exclamation marks under the DVD/CD Roms
section. They also show up in device manager as working USB devices, too.

Old February 5th 07, 01:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Herb Tyson [MVP]

One of Dell's hallmarks is supposed to be 24/7 support. Pick up the phone
and call them and ask "What gives?" The failure rate on USB drives is high
enough that I would suspect the USB device before anything else. Get them to
ship you a replacement (hopefully, from a different manufacturing lot).

--
"Nameless" wrote in message
I have the same problem with micro Cruzer 2.0 GB from Sandisk and my new
Dell computer with Vista installed. I can't imagine Dell having this as
part of there computer package if it was not compatibale with Vista, but
who knows. Tried to install and it just says installation was not
successfull. Anyway folks, any real help here would be appreciated.

Thanks

Old February 7th 07, 05:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
PB Henry

I too cannot get my new HP Pavillion 9230 with Vista Home Premium to
recognize my Cruzer Mini's (512, 1GB and 2GB).

I just had a long 'phone call with SanDisk support -- they confirm that they
currently don't have Vista drivers for the Cruzer Mini family -- but they're
working on it. However, they couldn't give any dates as to availibility --
only "check back on the SanDisk support site occasionally"!

Cheers,

Phil

Old February 7th 07, 08:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
HDFatBoy2003

I've got a Cruzer Micro 512mb attached to my Vista Ultimate x64 without any
problem. - reads and writes to it are okay. Even learned just recently,
how to get rid of that stupid U3 launcher app they put on it.