Old April 10th 07, 12:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Ronnie Vernon MVP

Default Intallation error 0x80070003, cannot install Vista

Make sure that no other drives are plugged into the system, especially in
the USB ports.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"nharmon91" wrote in message

Its not an upgrade, it is full retail version.
"Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:

Is this an upgrade disk or the full retail version? If it's an upgrade,
it
needs to start from within windows.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"nharmon91" wrote in message
I have tried at least 5 times now to install Home Premium. Every time in
the
expanding step (the second one in installation) I get error message
0x80070003 stating some files cannot be found. What is wrong, obviously
all
the files I have are on the disk. I am clean installing it on a wiped
hard
drive that I format with the Home Premium disk prior to installing.
Someone
please help.