ATI Mobility Radeon AGP

Old February 12th 07, 12:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
[email protected]

Default ATI Mobility Radeon AGP

Hi

Has anyone managed to get the full driver software to work on this on
Vista?

I have downloaded numerous versions of the Catalyst software and while
I have a working driver, none of the extended ATI tabs in the Advanced
view of Display Properties appear.

ATI don't want to know so far as Mobility drivers go, and Sony (my
laptop manufacturer) are also not publishing anything yet.

Cheers

Rob

Old February 12th 07, 04:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Hawkins, Charles F.

I have the ATI Mobility Radeon 7500. It isn't supported under Vista.
However, I had Vista RC2 in a left over Virtual PC. I went into this and
found the ATI driver for Mobility Radeon 9000 which reputedly works for the
7500. Although I've just been running it for an hour, it seems to work
reasonably well. The folder for the RC2 is
C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\ati ixpad.inf_e2282f2c. Then
you have to go through the gyrations of replacing the standard video driver.

At least I can get dual screen and the FN-F7 key works again. It will
probably also sleep. I've noticed while working RC2 that if you were in dual
screen and went to sleep or hibernate it didn't wake up well.

Chuck

ups.com...