Vista Ultimate and Asus P5B Deluxe

Old February 13th 07, 01:35 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Bill Davis Jr

Default Vista Ultimate and Asus P5B Deluxe

Just built a new system with a P5B Deluxe and Vista Ultimate. Had one
issue in the setup process but I worked that out.

Now I have an issue with running Vista. Every once in awhile when
example say I go to load Word. I click on the Icon then Vista will
take about 5 to 10 secs before it even starts to load the program.
Like it has to think about what it has to do before it does it.

I do notice the HDD light on when it does this. I have installed the
latest drivers from Intel. As well as the latest drivers for all
add-ons.

My computer:

P5B Deluxe Bios 1004
Intel E6600
2 WD 74gb Raptors Raid 0 (Sata1 & Sata 2)
2 WD 250gb hard drives Raid 0 (Sata 3 & Sata 4)
Nec DVD-rw on Ide connector
ATI Radeon X1950 Pro (with latest Vista Drivers)
Corsair XMS2 Twin2x2048-6400C4
SB Audigy2

I have not yet activated Vista yet to make sure everything is working
ok. In Device Manager there are no devices that need attention.

Anyone know what the issue might be?

Bill

Ok to follow up I checked Administrative Tools, Events Viewer. This is
what I found

"\Device\Ide\iaStor0 did not respond within the timeout period"

One other thing about the way Vista handles memory. I looked into Task
Manager. Physical Memory reports 1520+MB Cached and 38MB Free. Is this
normal?