Old May 10th 07, 02:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
Joe

Default Joining Vista Home Basic to a Domain

I would like to join a Vista Home Basic machine to an existing domain. When
I purchased the desktop from Dell I was told this was possible. Is it
possible? If not, there are some applications that call files stored on our
servers and since the desktop falls under the workgroup category every
morning when I login I have to type in the adminitrator username and password.

My Question:

Can I join a Vista Home Basic desktop to a domain and how can I do it?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks