dinding things and installing stuff

Old February 16th 07, 01:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
smurfboy W.VA.

Default dinding things and installing stuff

Vista is more difficult when it comes to finding things on your drive. I used
to save downloaded programs in c:/program files, but vista will not allow me
to do this, even as administrator. Any recommendations? Vista will not allow
me to install hardly anything, like Nero 7, screensavers, webcam software, or
my cellphone phonetools for my motorola cell phone, whick allows me to save
pics I take with my cell, as well as the phonebook just in case my phone
loses memory. I need advise smurfboy77 @ aol.com

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com... e_management
Old February 16th 07, 07:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Ronnie Vernon MVP

Even when you are logged into the system with your Administrator account,
you will be running as a Standard User. This is part of the security in
Vista. When you install a program, you can right click the installation file
and select the Run As Administrator option from the pop-up menu.

You should not have any problems creating folders, and moving or copying
files to the C:\Program Files folder. What happens when you try this?

As far as finding things on the drive, this is much easier and faster in
Vista. Go to Start/Help and Support. Enter "Search" in the Search Help box
and click the search icon. You will get a list of help topics that will get
you up to speed on indexing and searching the hard drive.
--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP