Old May 15th 07, 09:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
freddy

Default Screen resolution problems

Andi,

When you set the resolution, did you right click the desktop Personalize
Display Settings Advanced and then select List all Modes and select the
resolution you want from the list?

--
freddy

"Andi" wrote:

Hi,

I have recently installed Vista Home Premium (64 bit) on a new machine, and
am having a problem with the display settings. I have a GeForce 8800 GTX
and 4GB of system RAM, but the display won't go above 1024*768.

I know the monitor I have will go higher as I ran WinXP (32 bit) in
1280*1024 without any issues.

I have installed the latest drivers for the motherboard, and the latest
drivers for the graphics card from the nVidia website, but still nothing.

Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions
I could try?

Any help would be most gratefully appreciated.

Thanks in advance of any assistance

Andi