Regretting Vista

Old February 18th 07, 06:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Bill Thomas

Default Regretting Vista

DUDE, I should have got a DELL!!!! NOT!!! I build my own and have no
problems with Vista.... please, do some research and get a clue!

Azul wrote:
That is ridiculous. What does Dell have to do with AdMuncher, Firefox,
Nero...? And drivers have absolutely NOTHING to do with it - drivers
allow the software and hardware to interface correctly.

And just so you know, this is the second Dell I have bought in the last
six months. The first one came with XP Media Center pre-installed and it
runs EVERYTHING I want to run flawlessly and with no special hoops to
jump through - They are identical configurations except for the OS.

THAT tells me that the problem is with Vista, not Dell.

Bill Thomas wrote in
:

Sounds like you have an issue with the dell computer you bought and
not loading the right drivers and software. Your issue is not Vista.
I am running Firefox, Thunderbird, and even ACDsee (which is supposed
to be incompatible) with no problems. Call Dell....

Old February 18th 07, 06:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Mark \(MCP\)

Whether you build your own computer or buy the computer from an OEM vendor
(i.e. Dell, HP, etc.), Vista problems are inevitable, if not now, they may
occur later. Its all a matter of what you do in Vista and the connected or
connecting hardware.

Old February 18th 07, 06:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Mark \(MCP\)

Once a vendor or manufacturer sells their product(s), they don't care after
that point. I've seen this over the past several years.

"Joe Medford" wrote in message
It is so sad that these manufactors are not working harder to improve
their products.

"Robert Firth" wrote in message
There are differences between XP and Vista. All that tells you is that
Dell and the program developers (Nero, FF, AdMuncher...) did not take the
time to ensure that their programs and drivers are Vista ready and
compatible. They've had more than enough time to prepare. Given properly
designed programs and drivers, you wouldn't have problems. Look for
improving conditions in the comming weeks and months as these developers
begin make their applications compatible. It was the same process for
Windows XP when it first appeared on the market.

--
/* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
* Robert Firth *

Old February 18th 07, 06:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Azul

I should have known better than to post anything on a MS Newsgroup. All
one gets here is a bunch of MS shilling.

Azul wrote in
:

Old February 18th 07, 06:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Peter Hayes

Azul wrote:

Two weeks ago I bought a new Dell and had Vista factory installed.

When I received the computer and booted it up I was amazed and pleased
with the appearance and over all first impression of Vista. And then
reality set in...

I cannot install Nero DVD Suite.

Nero 6 won't install here either, Vista puts up a message warning of
incompatabilities. Presumably Nero 7 works, but that's more money out...

I so wish I could revert my new computer to XP SP2 but I simply hate the
idea of going out and spending ANOTHER couple of hundred dollars to buy a
full version of XP...

Get an OEM copy of XP?

--

Immunity is better than innoculation.

Peter

Old February 18th 07, 07:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Joe Medford

I have been running Vista since November, have not had any problems, and
have never looked back. Don't know why so many people are having issues.
Alot of my customers have ordered Vista and have had 0 issues

"Anyone that purchases a NEW OS before it's been on the street for 6 months,
or the first SP, is going to expect growing pains, at least anyone that has
used a computer before."

Old February 18th 07, 07:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Mark \(MCP\)

Ever computer's hardware configuration and Vista installation varies. That
is why some Vista users are experiencing problems. There are no products
that are 100% error free, or bug free.