Medley ATA RAID Controller driver for Vista?

Old March 17th 07, 01:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Steve Urbach

Default Medley ATA RAID Controller driver for Vista?

On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 06:09:30 -0700, Tiiazllm
wrote:

There is also a tool called "SilCFG forMedley", you don't need it by default
- it just
provides some feedback and SMART monitoring ability - which is now built into
Vista performance/reliability monitor now. Vista now also defaults to the
fastest UDMA mode for the controller - so you don't need it for maximum
performance.

The last version of Medley v1.2.0.5 works for me perfectly on both Vista
32-bit & 64-bit. Setup/Load/Configuration & Monitoring are all working 100%.
(if I could post
a screencap I would!) My Vista's are always clean installs. The last version
released is downloadable from
http://www.siliconimage.com/docs/SiI...iICfg-1205.zip

This version worked. I can now control my RAID.
Thanks
Old March 27th 07, 11:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Tiiazllm

@Steve
Glad to hear it

Don't believe anyone who says things aren't available - they just haven't
tried hard enough to find it.

Old March 28th 07, 01:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Tiiazllm

Hi YaniMan - unfortunately you've made a mistake somewhere. The drivers work
100% without problem - I've now installed them over 35+ times in various PCs,
using both the 32-bit & x64 editions of Vista - without any problems.

You need to check that you
1) really do have a 0680a RAID controller installed & configured
2) Expanded the drivers somewhere, and correctly pointed Vista to that folder.

They do work.

"YaniMan" wrote:

I downloaded it, but my vista tells me that no driver found on the specified
place, when i try to install the driver.

Old March 29th 07, 03:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
[email protected]

On Mar 17, 7:58 am, YaniMan wrote:
I downloaded it, but myvistatells me that no driver found on the specified
place, when i try to install the driver.

Have you tried copying the contents of the \EXT64 directory to the
root directory of A:?
I haven't tried it with this driver yet but I know that Vista seemed
to have trouble finding other drivers
located in subdirectories.

Tom Lake

Old April 26th 07, 03:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Ignatius

What happens is that when you extract the original download it creates a
drv file in the folder you extract to. This is an app that upon
execution further extracts a second folder called OS drivers. It is
after this is done that you can point Vista to this folder from where
it finds and loads the driver. Not the most intuitive, but the darn
driver works.

--
Ignatius
Ignatius's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=25066

http://forums.techarena.in

Old June 7th 07, 04:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Colin from Medway Kent UK

Hi
I too have the same issue, I cant install my Raid card (same card) but mine
is PCI.

I repaire computers as a part time living so I do know my way around
computers but with vista being a new OS,

would like some feedback please

regards and thanks in advance

Colin

"Lilo Lentz" wrote:

Hi there

I've searched everywhere to find a compatible driver for VISTA:
Silicon Image SiI 0680 Ultra-133 Medley ATA RAID Controller

Has anyone found one, that works?

Sincerely Lilo

Old July 23rd 07, 09:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
schaefd

I have the SiI0680/0680A 32-bit Windows RAID Driver for WinXP/2000. I have
read on many sites that this is the same driver to use for Vista. When
installing Vista, I don't get any drives appearing to install Vista to. Once
I say load driver and select the XP/2000 driver and click continue, the Vista
installation freezes on me and nothing happens. I've tried it 3 or 4 times,
all with the same result. It appears this driver doesn't work. Is there a
Vista supported driver for RAID SiI0680/0680A? I am using the IDE connectors
to both of my Hard Drives.

Thanks,
David Schaefer
Old August 2nd 07, 10:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
rudzik

i've had exactly simillar problem , the trick was , i had to use THE
OLDEST drivers from Silicon Image ,

that is version :

1.0.1.7
download page (at the bottom of this page) :

http://www.siliconimage.com/support/...d=2&osid =4&;

that works in Vista final Ultimate 100% for me , any other (newer)
driver for my Sil 0680 is not being recognized by Vista - in my case -
(probably due to old BIOS of my card or something)

try it , maybe it would help

--
rudzik
rudzik's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=28844

Old August 28th 07, 10:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Becky636

It is wierd, I have it working w/Vista Ultimate and the xp driver. BUt now I
can not get it to see the drive attached to the controler.

Old August 28th 07, 11:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Becky636

The original driver worked, the windows update messed it up.. I remover the
driver rebooted and installed original. Still no good.. Vista Ultimats
seeas and installed the card, but does not see the drive . And ideas.