Medley ATA RAID Controller driver for Vista?

Old February 22nd 07, 06:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Lilo Lentz

Default Medley ATA RAID Controller driver for Vista?

Hi there

I've searched everywhere to find a compatible driver for VISTA:
Silicon Image SiI 0680 Ultra-133 Medley ATA RAID Controller

Has anyone found one, that works?

Sincerely Lilo
Old February 22nd 07, 10:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Steve Urbach

On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 20:52:19 +0100, "Lilo Lentz"
wrote:

Hi there

I've searched everywhere to find a compatible driver for VISTA:
Silicon Image SiI 0680 Ultra-133 Medley ATA RAID Controller

Has anyone found one, that works?

Sincerely Lilo

Nope!
Welcome to the group of obsolete hardware owners.

No driver/updates for Vista (any version)
Sil 0680 Raid
Montegro DDL
Nvidia TNT2
Nvidia FX5200 (RC2 drivers mostly work)
APC Powerchute (had runtime controls that are missing in default. Big
UPS wit 1hr+ of battery shuts down in 5 min)
Brother MFC8820DN (NETWORK FAX)
Anything IPX protocol (Netware 4.2)
Netgear SC101 storage.

Things that work under vista.
Brother MFC8820DN NETWOK Printing and Scan (see above)
HP JetDirect Ex3+ (really old, go figure :^ )
HP Deskjet 990c
Various USB jump drives.

Steve U

Old February 24th 07, 01:05 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Steve Urbach

On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 21:56:23 +0100, "Lilo Lentz"
wrote:

Do you then also have trouble with the Promise FastTrak 378 Controller?

Don't own one.
Would I have Vista Problems if I did?

.. .

Old February 24th 07, 01:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Steve Urbach

"Lilo Lentz" wrote in message
Hi there

I've searched everywhere to find a compatible driver for VISTA:
Silicon Image SiI 0680 Ultra-133 Medley ATA RAID Controller

Has anyone found one, that works?

Sincerely Lilo

Those drivers are for pure IDE, They do not support the RAID
configuration :/ (Medley control tool)

Old March 15th 07, 12:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Tiiazllm

32-bit version is downloadable he

http://www.siliconimage.com/support/...d=2&osid =4&;

SiI0680/0680A 32-bit Windows RAID Driver 1.0.1.7 1/24/2005 139 KB

It's the WinXP 32-bit driver - but works perfectly in Vista

I used it for 6-months during Vista betas, and RTM - no problems at all

x64-bit version is available he
http://www.siliconimage.com/support/...d=2&osid =8&;

It's the SiI 0680/0680A 64-bit Windows RAID Driver 1.0.0.0 12/16/2005 635
KB version

It's the WinXP 64-bit driver - but works perfectly in Vista - used without a
problem since beginning of December 2006 when I re-installed Vista x64 (from
32bit, using the above driver)

There is also a tool called "SilCFG forMedley", you don't need it by default
- it just
provides some feedback and SMART monitoring ability - which is now built into
Vista performance/reliability monitor now. Vista now also defaults to the
fastest UDMA mode for the controller - so you don't need it for maximum
performance.

The last version of Medley v1.2.0.5 works for me perfectly on both Vista
32-bit & 64-bit. Setup/Load/Configuration & Monitoring are all working 100%.
(if I could post
a screencap I would!) My Vista's are always clean installs. The last version
released is downloadable from
http://www.siliconimage.com/docs/SiI...iICfg-1205.zip

The other important thing is not to flash the RAID BIOS with the NON-RAID
update (v3.2.2.0) - as this will* also convert the RAID controller into a
standard IDE controller.

* There are two main flavours of the Sil0680 card - one with a jumper which
you can manually set RAID or IDE, and one without. If you have a version
without, then it relies on the BIOS info to enable or disable the RAID
functions - which is why you MUST NOT flash a RAID controller with a NON-RAID
(ie IDE) BIOS. If the POST/BIOS boot screens on your PC still show the
controller as a RAID one, then you're fine as far as the BIOS goes - just use
the drivers I linked to, and you'll get RAID under Vista.

Unfortunately, the link you left contains several IDE (non-raid) BIOS
updates. The last official RAID BIOS version was v3.2.1.0. However, of you
have the version of the card with the Jumper, then you can actually use the
later v3.2.2.24 (!use at your own risk! !you break it - tough luck! )

So, in brief - All versions of Vista (32-bit & x64) work with the 0680
Silicon Image ATA-133 RAID Controller, using the driver links above as well
as the SilCFG for Medley monitoring software.

Hope that this helps.

Old March 17th 07, 10:58 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
YaniMan

I downloaded it, but my vista tells me that no driver found on the specified
place, when i try to install the driver.