IIS on Vista home premium?

Old December 24th 07, 04:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Scott M.[_2_]

Default IIS on Vista home premium?

VS 2005/08 ships with an ASP .NET development web server so that you don't
need IIS on the development box to use and debug it.

"Vanessa" wrote in message

"Steven Spits" wrote:

"Juan T. Llibre" wrote:

IIS 7.0 can be installed, complete, on Home Premium.

First of all, thanks to all who responded.

Use this script to install every last bit which IIS 7.0 offers :

Are you very sure of this? A found one (and only one!) message from a guy
who tried to do ASP.NET development on his Vista home premium machine,
and
he succesfully installed IIS. So far so good.

However, debugging was not possible. Vista home premium apparently does
not
support Windows authentication, needed to debug an ASP.NET application
from
within VS.NET.

Can anyone confirm this IS or ISN'T possible??

With kind regards,

Steven

- - -

This got debugging to work on my Home Premium

http://ericappel.net/blog/UsingVisua...05OnVista.aspx

Old March 9th 08, 11:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Chuck

I have Vista Premium and I can run all the IIS program

"Steven Spits" wrote:

Hi,

Plannig to buy Vista, but not sure what version to get.

I do VS.NET development, mostly ASP.NET.

Can IIS be installed on Vista home premium? Or do I need business or
ultimate?

Steven

- - -

Old April 19th 08, 06:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
DennisX

"Steven Spits" wrote:

"Juan T. Llibre" wrote:

The original question was whether IIS could be *installed* on Vista Home
Premium.
IIS, and all of its features, *can* be installed.

Some features may, or may not, work in specific OS's, though.

Thank you, you made it clear for me.

Steven

- - -

Old April 19th 08, 06:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
DennisX

"Steven Spits" wrote:

"Juan T. Llibre" wrote:

The original question was whether IIS could be *installed* on Vista Home
Premium.
IIS, and all of its features, *can* be installed.

Some features may, or may not, work in specific OS's, though.

Thank you, you made it clear for me.

Steven

- - -

I installed IIS 6.0 on my Windows Vista Home Premium and I cannot use CSS or
User Controls. I would install 7.0, but I don't know how or where to enter
the script that gets the full install.
Old April 19th 08, 07:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Juan T. Llibre

! I installed IIS 6.0 on my Windows Vista Home Premium

Bad move...

To install IIS7 on Vista Home Premium, follow these instructions :

http://technet2.microsoft.com/window....mspx?mfr=true

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
======================================

Old June 1st 08, 03:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Jennifer

Default Urgent_ need help

Hello Folks,

I have been reading about the IIS installation on basic home vista edition.
Can anyone tell me what are my options of getting IIS installed and
configured on this DELL laptop which came with basic home vista edition?

Looking forward to your reply.....

"Juan T. Llibre" wrote:

Not so.

IIS 7.0 can be installed, complete, on Home Premium.

Use this script to install every last bit which IIS 7.0 offers :

start /w pkgmgr
/iu:IIS-WebServerRole;IIS-WebServer;IIS-CommonHttpFeatures;IIS-StaticContent;IIS-DefaultDocument;IIS-DirectoryBrowsing;IIS-HttpErrors;IIS-HttpRedirect;IIS-ApplicationDevelopment;IIS-ASPNET;IIS-NetFxExtensibility;IIS-ASP;IIS-CGI;IIS-ISAPIExtensions;IIS-ISAPIFilter;IIS-ServerSideIncludes;IIS-HealthAndDiagnostics;IIS-HttpLogging;IIS-LoggingLibraries;IIS-RequestMonitor;IIS-HttpTracing;IIS-CustomLogging;IIS-Security;IIS-BasicAuthentication;IIS-URLAuthorization;IIS-RequestFiltering;IIS-IPSecurity;IIS-Performance;IIS-HttpCompressionStatic;IIS-HttpCompressionDynamic;IIS-WebServerManagementTools;IIS-ManagementConsole;IIS-ManagementScriptingTools;IIS-ManagementService;IIS-IIS6ManagementCompatibility;IIS-Metabase;IIS-WMICompatibility;IIS-LegacyScripts;IIS-LegacySnapIn;WAS-WindowsActivationService;WAS-ProcessModel;WAS-NetFxEnvironment;WAS-ConfigurationAPI

See:

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
===================================
"Robert Firth" wrote in message
It seems that a very limited version of IIS is on Home Premium. I doubt that will satisfy your
needs though.

--
/* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
* Robert Firth *

"Andy Snook" wrote in message
Business or Ultimate I'm affraid

Old June 1st 08, 04:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Nonny

On Sat, 31 May 2008 20:44:00 -0700, Jennifer
wrote:

Hello Folks,

I have been reading about the IIS installation on basic home vista edition.
Can anyone tell me what are my options of getting IIS installed and
configured on this DELL laptop which came with basic home vista edition?

Looking forward to your reply.....

If you read the entire thread which began in February of LAST YEAR you
would have seen on the first reply to the original post that you need
Vista Business or Ultimate.

In other words, Fuggedaboutit.

Not so.

Old June 1st 08, 10:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Stan[_3_]

Old June 1st 08, 11:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Stan[_3_]

On 1 Jun, 04:44, Jennifer wrote:
Hello Folks,

I have been reading about the IIS installation on basic home vista edition..
Can anyone tell me what are my options of getting IIS installed and
configured on this DELL laptop which came with basic home vista edition?

Looking forward to your reply.....

Not so.

http://technet2.microsoft.com/Window...86026b03-18b0-...

foros de asp.net, en español :http://asp.net.do/foros/
===================================

"Andy Snook" wrote in message
Business or Ultimate I'm affraid

"Steven Spits" wrote in .. .
Hi,

Plannig to buy Vista, but not sure what version to get.

I do VS.NET development, mostly ASP.NET.

Can IIS be installed on Vista home premium? Or do I need business or ultimate?

Steven

Hi Jenny

I don't know whether Visual Studio will run on Vista Basic edition (I
think it probably will) but it is not essential to install IIS. Visual
studio versions 2005/2008 will by default use their own emulator for
Internet Services and run the site from the websites directory in your
documents folder using a special port No.

I have VS2008 on a laptop with Vista Home premium and that mode of
development works fine for me. The machine I have is quite a high spec
though (2GB RAM).

HTH