IIS on Vista home premium?

Old July 4th 08, 06:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Juan T. Llibre

Default IIS on Vista home premium?

! If you're having this much of a problem installing it

Quite frankly, it's not that easy to install IIS 7 on Vista.
It's a total paradigm (I hate that word) change from previous IIS versions.

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
======================================
"Jeff Winn" wrote in message ...
Is there any particular reason why you're trying to install IIS? If you're having this much of a problem installing
it, I can't imagine what's going to happen once you get it installed.

"Hunter" wrote in message

I am electronically disabled, and I need serious help. How do I use "script"
to install ISS7? Please assist
"Juan T. Llibre" wrote:

Not so.

IIS 7.0 can be installed, complete, on Home Premium.

Use this script to install every last bit which IIS 7.0 offers :

start /w pkgmgr
/iu:IIS-WebServerRole;IIS-WebServer;IIS-CommonHttpFeatures;IIS-StaticContent;IIS-DefaultDocument;IIS-DirectoryBrowsing;IIS-HttpErrors;IIS-HttpRedirect;IIS-ApplicationDevelopment;IIS-ASPNET;IIS-NetFxExtensibility;IIS-ASP;IIS-CGI;IIS-ISAPIExtensions;IIS-ISAPIFilter;IIS-ServerSideIncludes;IIS-HealthAndDiagnostics;IIS-HttpLogging;IIS-LoggingLibraries;IIS-RequestMonitor;IIS-HttpTracing;IIS-CustomLogging;IIS-Security;IIS-BasicAuthentication;IIS-URLAuthorization;IIS-RequestFiltering;IIS-IPSecurity;IIS-Performance;IIS-HttpCompressionStatic;IIS-HttpCompressionDynamic;IIS-WebServerManagementTools;IIS-ManagementConsole;IIS-ManagementScriptingTools;IIS-ManagementService;IIS-IIS6ManagementCompatibility;IIS-Metabase;IIS-WMICompatibility;IIS-LegacyScripts;IIS-LegacySnapIn;WAS-WindowsActivationService;WAS-ProcessModel;WAS-NetFxEnvironment;WAS-ConfigurationAPI

See:

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
===================================
"Robert Firth" wrote in message
It seems that a very limited version of IIS is on Home Premium. I doubt that will satisfy your
needs though.

--
/* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
* Robert Firth *

"Andy Snook" wrote in message
Business or Ultimate I'm affraid

"Steven Spits" wrote in message ...
Hi,

Plannig to buy Vista, but not sure what version to get.

I do VS.NET development, mostly ASP.NET.

Can IIS be installed on Vista home premium? Or do I need business or ultimate?

Steven

- - -

Old November 23rd 08, 06:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Raj

Default Urgent_ need help

Hello,
I browsed through the web for understanding about IIS 7.0 and Windows Vista.
I did install IIS 7.0 in my Vista Home Premium and the installation was
successful. But, I see that Windows Authentication is missing on Vista. Can
that issue be resolved ? do we have any solutino ?

Thank you

"Andy B" wrote:

Hi. I think I have a solution for your IIS need. It is a "replacement" for
IIS in the sense that you can install it on 200/xp/vista or any other
windows server version (except 2008 as far as I know of). There is a free
(stripped down version) and a paid version. The paid version is mainly for
companies wanting to make web hosting servers or use it for their comercial
use. It's pretty cheap though ($50 I think?). I use the free version and it
does everything I need. The onlty draw back to the free version is that it
only supports up to .net 2.0. Here is the link for the download if your
interested.

http://www.aprelium.com/abyssws/download.php
"Stan" wrote in message
On 1 Jun, 04:44, Jennifer wrote:
Hello Folks,

I have been reading about the IIS installation on basic home vista
edition.
Can anyone tell me what are my options of getting IIS installed and
configured on this DELL laptop which came with basic home vista edition?

Looking forward to your reply.....

"Juan T. Llibre" wrote:
Not so.

IIS 7.0 can be installed, complete, on Home Premium.

Use this script to install every last bit which IIS 7.0 offers :

start /w pkgmgr
/iu:IIS-WebServerRole;IIS-WebServer;IIS-CommonHttpFeatures;IIS-StaticContenÂ*t;IIS-DefaultDocument;IIS-DirectoryBrowsing;IIS-HttpErrors;IIS-HttpRedirectÂ*;IIS-ApplicationDevelopment;IIS-ASPNET;IIS-NetFxExtensibility;IIS-ASP;IIS-CÂ*GI;IIS-ISAPIExtensions;IIS-ISAPIFilter;IIS-ServerSideIncludes;IIS-HealthAndÂ*Diagnostics;IIS-HttpLogging;IIS-LoggingLibraries;IIS-RequestMonitor;IIS-HttÂ*pTracing;IIS-CustomLogging;IIS-Security;IIS-BasicAuthentication;IIS-URLAuthÂ*orization;IIS-RequestFiltering;IIS-IPSecurity;IIS-Performance;IIS-HttpComprÂ*essionStatic;IIS-HttpCompressionDynamic;IIS-WebServerManagementTools;IIS-MaÂ*nagementConsole;IIS-ManagementScriptingTools;IIS-ManagementService;IIS-IIS6Â*ManagementCompatibility;IIS-Metabase;IIS-WMICompatibility;IIS-LegacyScriptsÂ*;IIS-LegacySnapIn;WAS-WindowsActivationService;WAS-ProcessModel;WAS-NetFxEnÂ*vironment;WAS-ConfigurationAPI

See:
http://technet2.microsoft.com/Window...86026b03-18b0-...

foros de asp.net, en español :http://asp.net.do/foros/
===================================

"Andy Snook" wrote in message
Business or Ultimate I'm affraid

"Steven Spits" wrote in
.. .
Hi,

Plannig to buy Vista, but not sure what version to get.

I do VS.NET development, mostly ASP.NET.

Can IIS be installed on Vista home premium? Or do I need business or
ultimate?

Steven

Hi Jenny

I don't know whether Visual Studio will run on Vista Basic edition (I
think it probably will) but it is not essential to install IIS. Visual
studio versions 2005/2008 will by default use their own emulator for
Internet Services and run the site from the websites directory in your
documents folder using a special port No.

I have VS2008 on a laptop with Vista Home premium and that mode of
development works fine for me. The machine I have is quite a high spec
though (2GB RAM).

HTH

Old November 23rd 08, 08:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
bruce barker

windows authentication (just like asp.net and most everything else) is a
feature that must be enabled/installed, before you configure at the site
level.

you can edit the iis 7.0 config files or use the UI.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Old March 12th 09, 09:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
tigre

hi well i have home premium Vista 64 bit
i have just tried the suggestion to enable the IIS options in add remove
programs but now the PC slowed and times out and windows mail tries to dial
57 times when i'm on bigpond broadband - hello
then the windows mail options tabbed pane says (not responding)
then i tried a 'system restore', to a restore-point on March 9th, which is
a restore point created when windows last added an update.
Now windows mail still does not work and neither does IE7 it starts but sits
blank with the word (connecting).. forever.
Should i go back and uncheck the boxes for IIS and the other options in
Windows components?
"Steven Spits" wrote:

"Juan T. Llibre" wrote:

The original question was whether IIS could be *installed* on Vista Home
Premium.
IIS, and all of its features, *can* be installed.

Some features may, or may not, work in specific OS's, though.

Thank you, you made it clear for me.

Steven

- - -

Old November 21st 09, 10:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
SnehaSree

Thank you so much.The information was very helpful.

"not_hidden" wrote:

Thanks, Stephen. I set up my new my PC last night, but could not find IIS
for my SQL Srvr Express Ed until reading your msg about 5 mins ago. On my PC
I had to:

click on the main 'Programs' link (as opposed to add/remove, etc.);
then under 'Programs and Features' select the 2nd link 'Turn Windows
features on or off';
then selected IIS which is the 3rd option.

I know this is detailed, but some get stressed over finding features in
Windows' upgrades. Also, I saw a lot of links online about downloading IIS
which is totally unnecessary.
--
Nothing is more important than that you feel good. -Abraham

"Stephen Hatfield" wrote:

Andy is incorrect. You can indeed install IIS on Vista Home Premium by going
to the Programs and Features control panel, and selecting Add/Remove Windows
features link on the left side of the control panel window. When selecting
the features you want to install, be sure and select the ones that enable
ASP.NET stuff.

Cheers!
Stephen

Old December 19th 09, 02:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Jay

i tried to install iis on vista home premium but as i install sql server205 i
get msg that iis is not installed or disabled.
could u help me with this

Old December 19th 09, 02:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Alexey Smirnov

http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/28/in...and-windows-7/