Old June 3rd 07, 01:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Charles W Davis

Default "d" drive is full

Move the stuff that you dumped into the D drive back to your C drive. If
it's stuff that you don't need you might consider burning it to a DVD for
safe keeping.
"Cal Bear '66" wrote in message
Your D: drive in a Recovery Partition set up by HP so that you will be
able to recover your system to a factory installation default. Read your
manual. You should make your own recovery DVDs or CDs. I would advise you
to leave this partition alone as an extra safeguard should your recovery
disks become damaged.

You can turn off the warnings by going to Computer Management Disk
Management and unassigning a drive letter.

Your Windows errors are not caused by your Recovery Partition. Since this
is a new computer you should contact HP. Or you can post your SPECIFIC
errors to the appropriate newsgroup here to get help.

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"Tv" wrote in message
I have a new HP computer with Vista and have the dual core c and d drive.
It
says my d drive is 100 percent full (recovery drive) How do I fix this?
My
computer is only a month old and I've been getting window errors already
and
I can't go back to an earlier date for recovery either. I think I need
to do
a whole system recovery. It started to dump a lot of stuff into D drive
when
my computer started to act up. What should I do?