Old June 9th 07, 02:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Dave

Default DVD/CD Drive Not Working

I had this happen to me once, and here's how I fixed it...

Code 37
removing the upper and lower filters

Run REGEDIT, open up the following folders:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
SYSTEM
CurrentControlSet
Control
Class {4D36E965-E325 -11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

After clicking on {4D36E965-E325 -11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} you should see two
settings on the right-hand side:
"Upperfilters"
"Lowerfilters"

Click on each of them, press DELETE and click YES.

"computergeek" wrote in message
3 days ago the icons for my dvd/cd drives dissapeared i haven't been able
play anyform of cd or dvd, so i checked for any errors and i found this

"Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware. (Code 37)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft
and
to see if there is a solution available."

PLEASE HELP !!!, i may know alot about computers but i don't know how to
solve this problem

if anyone has solved this problem before please let me know asap

by the way i'm using windows vista