Old June 15th 07, 07:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Kevin

Default Vista slow deleting, moving and copying files?

NewsReader2K

Having the same problems here. We are on Small Business Server 2003. I find
Vista incredibly slow for all tasks, local, network and internet. I have a
brand new AMD 64 PC with 2 GB of RAM and it runs like a PIII with 256
MB.....badly.

I did turn off the Gadget things and that improved the performance somewhat.

Opening or closing applications takes time, surfing takes time...the OS is
not nearly as fast as XP...

Kevin Burns

--
Kevin Burns
Money Concepts,

"NewsReader2K" wrote:

System Specs:

Vista Ultimate
P4 3.2 Ghz
2 gig DDR dual-channel memory

I did a Google search and got bombarded with conflicting info, and was I
wondering if there were an official work-around for this issue?

Thx