Old June 29th 07, 03:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
freddy

Default Creative X-FI Driver issues on Vista ?

Ch33zst34k,

Have you checked out the latest X-FI drivers? I found them at:

http://us.creative.com/products/prod...roduct=1 6743

New Vista compatible drivers for X-Fi cards!

--
freddy

"Ch33zst34k" wrote:

Help me out guys - I fired up my brand-new gaming box running Vista
home Premium and alas, no sound... The device manager says the sound
card is working properly, but when I attempt to update the driver to
the latets version, I get an error that reads, "You have previously
updated the driver without rebooting. Reboot your system now." I have
rebooted many times without avail.

I have also tried uninstalling the existing driver but still get the
same message. Any help on this ?

Thanks,
Ch33zst34k