Old July 16th 07, 02:13 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Gary G. Little

Default Upgrade Hard Disk in Vista

I recently upgraded my HDD to 160GB. I used Complete PC Backup to image the
existing drive to an external HDD, installed the new drive, booted to the
Vista DVD, selected System Repair from the install environment and restored
the image to the new disc. Maybe it was because of using Vista to image and
restore, but I did not have to call to re-activate.

Gary

"Phil" wrote in message
Hi.

I want to replace my existing main internal hdd with a faster, higher
capacity model.
I'm aware there are likely to be be licencing problems after a disk clone.
Will someone please give me a link for the micorosoft recommended process
follow.

Thanks