Old July 20th 07, 11:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
concork

Default Vista - User Profile was not loaded correctly

Bought a brand new Dell Dimension 9200 a few days ago.

Everytime I start the computer I get the following message "User profile was
not loaded correctly. You have been logged on with a temporary profile.
Changes you make to this profile will be lost when you log off. Please see
the event log for details or contact your administrator"

Today I spent two hours on the phone with a Dell support person, who was
unable to help me - he said he would research it and call me tomorrow (I
think it may have been the end of his shift!)

Everthing I do to on the computer is basically lost after it's shut down - i
lost all the music and data files that I had loaded on. I'm not very
technical, so if anyone has a solution (that I can understand), i would be
most appreciative. The machine appears to be amazingly fast and I am dying to
get going on it.
Thanks in advance