Old July 21st 07, 02:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Rick Rogers

Default Vista - User Profile was not loaded correctly

Hi,

Create a new profile for yourself in the control panel/Users and log into
it. Chances are good that the default profile is corrupt and you will not be
able to recover it. If you continue to use the temporary one, you will
continue to lose any settings and preferences you create.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"concork" wrote in message
Bought a brand new Dell Dimension 9200 a few days ago.

Everytime I start the computer I get the following message "User profile
was
not loaded correctly. You have been logged on with a temporary profile.
Changes you make to this profile will be lost when you log off. Please see
the event log for details or contact your administrator"

Today I spent two hours on the phone with a Dell support person, who was
unable to help me - he said he would research it and call me tomorrow (I
think it may have been the end of his shift!)

Everthing I do to on the computer is basically lost after it's shut down -
lost all the music and data files that I had loaded on. I'm not very
technical, so if anyone has a solution (that I can understand), i would be
most appreciative. The machine appears to be amazingly fast and I am dying
get going on it.
Thanks in advance