Old July 21st 07, 09:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
freddy

Default Laserjet 3052 is missing

Christian,

Here is the latest HP driver for your printer:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...&swEnvOID=2100

Just in case you have something different.
--
freddy

"Christian Møller Nielsen" wrote:

On 20 Jul., 12:32, freddy wrote:
Chrisrtian,

If my reading of your descriptions is correct, it seems as though your
printer is installed. You see it twice because you see it as a scanner and
also as a printer. It appears as though you also see it as a USB device, as
well as a IEEE (Firewire) device. I suppose your printer can be used either
way. From a distance, I'd say it's installed, but I'm not there to see for
myself. Also, you don't see File in Control Panel Printers because your
menu bar is hidden. You have to unhide it.

It is a multi function machine, with scanner and printer in one
machine. I can use the scanner, but it only scan 50-75% of a page, so
I guessed that the driver wasn't installed correct? But I tried to
install a new in so many different ways, that I can think of no more.

When I look in serversettings-drivers, I can see that there are
different drivers installed. Yhe latest is selected to be standard (I
don't know if it's possible to uninstall the others and some old
ones?)

So, I need to know what you mean when you say, "I can't select a printer"
(words to that effect). In Control Panel, Printers, can you print a test
page?

I think I explained myself wrong? When I plugged in the USB cable
first time, there was no printer icon. There was one under scanner.
After installing the driver downloaded from HP ( - http://www.shortlink.eu?24
the PCL6 driver) an icon appeared in control panel/printers. I can now
select the printer in word and other programs too. When I try to print
a picture or a document or a test page, there is a message in the
printque (I don't know if that is the English word, but it's where I
can see what documents are waiting to be printed). In status it just
says ERROR.

If all else fails, perhaps you have a USB device recognition issue that can
be resolved by deleting the INFCACHE.1 file. It can get corrupted with bad
data and cause issues like you MAY have. The file is located at:
C:\Windows\inf. There, scroll down to the INFCACHE.1 file and right click it
and select delete.

I renamed it (because I do not know if I need it back?)
It didn't help, even after rebooting.

Chr.
www.cmnielsen.dk
www.shortlink.eu