Old July 28th 07, 11:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
XS11E

Default F8 Key Repair Your Computer

Check with the vendor, they may know about this problem.

Other than that, when are you pressing F8? Do you even have a restore
partition? On my computer, if you burn the restore CDs/DVD and format
the HD, the computer knows (because the restore CDs/DVD exist) that the
restore partition isn't needed and recovering from the restore CDs will
not put it back so after I restored the computer, I had no restore
partition and no F8. To use the F8 action, I have to boot on the
restore CD/DVD now.