Performance and Maintainance of Windows Vista A forum for performance and maintenance tasks in Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintainance)

wmiprvse.exe problem in Vista Business

Old March 18th 07, 02:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Kent

Default wmiprvse.exe problem in Vista Business

Okay, I have Windows Vista Business edition, and a couple weeks ago, I've
been having a problem with this process (WmiPrvSE.EXE - which I know is a
core process for Windows, and is not recommended that I disable it) taking up
a rather large portion of my CPU. It usually hovers around 25% usage, which
is quite a significant hit to performance on my system (nothing fancy here),
especially being that I have to run programs on my machine which use up a lot
of CPU processes on their own.

Are there any suggestions on what I can do, to help remedy this problem?

Old November 5th 07, 08:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
chiefbrody

Hello all,

i had the same problem. I searched a bit in the internet, but i wasn't
able to find a solution for the problem. Just before reinstall my
windows, i read, that the dell system software uses WMI. i deleted the
dell "quickset" (which display me informationen about volume, controls
the colors of the leds in my laptop and many more) and the cpu usage has
gone. Its for sure not a solution for the main problem, but maybe you
try to find the software on your system which is using WMI to be able to
work normal with your system.

Are there any new informations about problems in WMI, which are causing
problems with high permanently cpu usage?

Thanks for help and i hope i was able to help a bit.
Best regards from germany
Nico

--
chiefbrody
Old November 21st 08, 09:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
pcbilski

I have the same issue but not a Dell machine, just started recently and
cant figure out whats using the process.
Any new ideas?
Ill post if i find a solution.

--
pcbilski
Old November 22nd 08, 03:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
MilesAhead[_4_]

pcbilski;892143 Wrote:
I have the same issue but not a Dell machine, just started recently and
cant figure out whats using the process.
Any new ideas?
Ill post if i find a solution.

One thing you could do is see the tutorial(if not familiar with Task
Scheduler)
and go to the Task Scheduler applet/control program/whatever and make
sure under the View menu that "Show Hidden Tasks" is checked. Look
through
stuff and see if you can find a task that was either created or enabled
around
the time the problem started. Unfortunately there's so much crap in
there that
it may keep you busy for awhile.

I saw a post about this same problem running some Norton software but
it was back
in 2004 so I assume they were talking about XP.

Most likely some system utility or other created or enabled a scheduled
task to constantly gather some stats or monitor something.

--
MilesAhead

"How come we don't know the I.Q. of the guy who invented the test?"