Old July 31st 07, 10:13 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Uwe Sieber

Default Vista won't recognise memory sticks

I have no Vista here at the moment but it's reported to
apply to Vista too (Msg 3):
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windows.vista.general/browse_frm/thread/59d32f16671ad3c4

Andifoz wrote:
Uwe - when I get to Current Version in reged, I don't have an option
'DevicePath' . It just says Device Installer. Any thoughts?

"Uwe Sieber" wrote:

Yes

Andifoz wrote:
this looks like its for XP Uwe - before I go there, does it work for Vista too?

"Uwe Sieber" wrote:

Andifoz wrote:
Hi
I have just bought a new Vista Business laptop. Every flash card I insert
into my USB ports does not work. It says it has to install driver software
then searches. It then asks me to insert a disc, but as flash drives don't
come with a disc it fails to install the flash drive and I am unable to use
it. I have searched producer sites (eg Sandisk) to download drivers but they
don't seem to exist as the whole point is that they are plug and play.
Beginning to wish I could have XP back, but want to persist! Any suggestions
on how to get memory sticks to plug and play?
Sounds like this:
http://www.uwe-sieber.de/usbtrouble_...ks_for_drivers