Old August 12th 07, 04:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Cal Bear '66

Default Getting Error Code 10 in Device Manager for my CD/DVD drive

Try this:

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"crockett" wrote in message
I have the same problem bought a brand new 'vista premium' "device cannot be
started (code 10) I've only had the pc 3 or 4 weeks - this is the first time
I've tried to use the cd/dvd rom. Tried to actualize the driver but am also
getting the message that the driver can not be installed properly. WELL DONE
WINDOWS! WHAT NOW??
--
Won''t be long ''till after a while.

"worldand12roses" wrote:

I have been having the same problem. I am running under Vista Ultimate, and
have no problems once so ever with my dvd drive since building my computer a
few weeks ago, but now I am receiving the same code 10 error message. I tried
uninstalling and reinstalling the driver, but this leads to Vista telling me
that the driver can not be installed properly. I also tried installing an
entirely different dvd drive but had the same problem.

If anyone can figure this problem out it will be greatly appreciated.

"vampchick21" wrote:

Here's the situation.

We purchased a new computer with Windows Vista Home Premium. After the
Daylight Savings time change, the CD/DVD driver developed an error code 10.
Some investigation, and I uninstalled it through Device Manager and then
did
a recovery and everything was dandy.

Last night, it happened again. Code 10 and no recognizing the drive. Once
again I go through exactly the same motions. Nothing. Again. Nothing.
Again. Nothing.

What the heck do I do now? (I'm also suspecting that iTunes might be part
of the problem, as prior to both instances, I installed iTunes 7 on the
computer)