Old August 13th 07, 02:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
TheSkeptic

Default Duplex printing for the HP 7310 native drivers working incorrectly

I have a HP 7310 which ran fine on Win XP. I upgraded to VISTA Premium
and the duplex printing worked, but not properly. It prints in "FLIP"
mode only and will not print in the "book" mode unless I set the
printer to "Manual" duplex mode. I've had numerous conversations with
HP and Microsoft support personnel and both claim the problem is not
theirs. HP maintains that the problem is with Microsoft as HP printers
that support "Automatic Duplex" printing work fine with WIN XP. About
two months ago I spoke with a "Level Two" tech at HP and this person
finally admitted that they were working on a driver fix, but had
ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA when the fix would be available.

I am told that Canon 850 printers with "DUPLEX" printing "built in"
work fine, but have not as yet seen it work on an 850. Canon support
personnel maintain that they have no duplex print problems.

I've been waiting for a driver fix for over four months and if there is
no fix by the end of August, I'm going to ask HP to refund my purchase
price and I'll buy a CANON 850 printer.
Edit/Delete Message

--
TheSkeptic