Hardware, eh? Whats your setup?

Old March 31st 07, 11:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Ventolin

Default Hardware, eh? Whats your setup?

I figured this is the Hardware section, so lets hear about your setup!
What are you running Vista x64 on? Also, how would you rate your
system performance with Vista, and if you could change anything, what
would it be? How much did you end up spending?

I suppose I'll start:

CPU: Intel Core2Duo "Allendale" E4300
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3
RAM: 2x1GB Geil DDR800
Video Card: Nvidia 7300GS
HDD: 2x160GB Seagates

Currently overclocked to 3.4ghz stable.

Other: I'm using a Enzotech Ultra X CPU cooler. I love it, I couldn't
go for a "tower" style cooler due to space limitations in my case (side
mounted fan). I've also replaced the cheap fans with Thermaltake fans
for better ventilation. All in a cheap, Raidmax "Ares" case that I've
modded slightly for better cooling.

What would I change? Well, Vista made me realize my budget nVidia card
isn't going to cut it! 8800GTS may be in my future. Also, I realized
how limited you can be with only 2GB of RAM with Vista, so I plan on
another pair of 1GB chips down the road. The only other thing I really
don't like is the case - I'd shell out more for a better case down the
road, it really is a worthwhile investment.

--
Ventolin
Old April 1st 07, 12:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Drew

Running Vista Business 64bit
cpu Intel core duo 6400...a little tweaked
Motherboard Intel D975XBX2 "The Bad Axe"
Ram is 4gigs of Kingston Hyper X ddr800
Video card Nvidia 7900GS 256mg
Twin 160gig sata Seagate Barracuda's in a raid0 format...external sata 80
gig for backup and storage also a Barracuda
Thermaltake's Armor case with plenty of cooling
twin Liteon dvd burners
Dell's 27" digital flat panel
Logitech's Z5300E 5.1 speaker's
Logitech's G25 steering wheel,,6spd shifter and pedals
Saitek's x52 flight controller
Logitech's mx1000 Laser mouse
Saitek's Eclipse keyboard

Will be changing to Ati's crossfire when there dx10 cards are
out...Motherboard is designed for it...System performance is pretty good
overall (no glitches)
System just smoked when it was XP !!...A little slower now but no I do not
regret it...As for the amount of money...Not that much really as I have lots
of friends that work in local computer shop's so I get deals...I could not
even add it up when you consider all the parts I went through before getting
to this point...Started with millennium edition yrs ago and I guess I am
lucky to have a patient wife....The ONE thing I would change would be need
more SPEED !!!....

A Wise man once said Smoke,Fire and Noise are truly man's best friends..!!!

Old April 1st 07, 05:14 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Ventolin

Cool stuff, I like that board alot, too. I've been waiting around for
the R600 ATI cards, too, and see how card prices change overall - maybe
I can get an 8800GTS for a little cheaper then? We'll see.

--
Ventolin