Need help with RW disks

Old April 2nd 07, 03:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Just FYI

Default Need help with RW disks

I would remove all third-party CD and DVD burning software. Then just
drag-and-drop files using standard Windows techniques. You don't need
third-party software to do that in Vista. You just have to format the disk
as UDF.

"Dick Snow" wrote in message
I purchased a new Gateway FX530XM with Vista. I don't know if this problem
existed prior to me installing my software, but, I'm not able to get the
packet writing software to work correctly. I installed Easy Media Creator
9.
It doesn't have the option to install without the Drag to Disk software.
When I tried to do backups to DVD+RW, the process takes over an hour for
about 1.5 gig of data, then it usually completes with errors. Burning
DVD-R
disks works fine. I uninstalled the Drag To Disk software, which didn't
help, then I also uninstalled the Cyberlink Power to Go software, which
came
prinstalled on the system. The disks I'm using work fine on my older
Gateway
system. I had also upgraded from Vista Home Premium to Ultimate. I've
never
experienced any problems with the other computer doing backups to DVD+RW
disks even though I see a lot of discussions snubbing using packet wirting
software to do backups. All I would like to do is get the system working
with RW disks. I don't see any way to disable the packet writing software
in
Vista, so I can't do that, then try just using the D2D software. I really
need some suggestions.

Old April 2nd 07, 04:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Peter

Good luck with Windows Packet Writing...I'm doing a DVD-RW file backup right
now....estimated completion...6 days and 14 hours.

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada