Random freezes

Old April 2nd 07, 04:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
tyler

Default Random freezes

I can barely use my windows vista, since mostly it will freeze while doing
random things... the screen almost looks hilighted and the mouse will do the
around and maybe click on one or m,ore thing, but basically itll sit there
for hours if i let it... this happens randomly... sometimes itll happen right
away when i start up, and sometimes it wont happen at all, but not usually...
someone told me it might be faulty ram, so i ran memtest 86 for 38 hours
straight and it found no errors... any suggestions?
Old April 2nd 07, 06:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Kiloran

I have had exactly the same problem for some time now.I have tried graphics
drivers by ATI and Microsofts own but still get freezes.I eventually did a
complete `clean` re-install of Vista Ultimate only to find that the problem
had returned after 3 days.I also done the RAM check with negative results.

Old April 3rd 07, 02:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Vmax8

I have similar problems too.
Vista worked fine, but after a few weeks random re-boots and (only)
sometimes re-producable re-boots when inserting a CD/DVD. No blue-screen of
death, although settings are not to auto re-boot when crashing.
Went back to a mirror image of XP and no problem. Believe the culprit is
either: Diskeeper (latest Vista Version) when defragmenting very large files,
the latest Silicon Images Pseudo Processor Driver or maybe an overloaded
powersupply due to high graphics and processor requirement for Vista. Will
upgrade from a 400W supply to 500W in a few weeks when time permits and
re-install a clean Vista. Let's see what will happen ...

Old May 29th 08, 10:57 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
NobleLance

any update on this? Im having the exact same problem as the original
poster, and i tried installing that file from windows, but it told me it
didn't apply to my system.. i know i downloaded the right one, vista
x64... i also updated to sp1....

--
NobleLance
Old May 29th 08, 12:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Nonny

On Thu, 29 May 2008 05:57:12 -0500, NobleLance
wrote:

any update on this? Im having the exact same problem as the original
poster, and i tried installing that file from windows, but it told me it
didn't apply to my system.. i know i downloaded the right one, vista
x64... i also updated to sp1....

Another vBulletin user replying to an old post (almost two months old)
without quoting the post.

No update. If there was one, you'd have seen one.
Old May 29th 08, 04:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
NobleLance

wrote:

any update on this? Im having the exact same problem as the original
poster, and i tried installing that file from windows, but it told me

it
didn't apply to my system.. i know i downloaded the right one, vista
x64... i also updated to sp1.... Another vBulletin user replying to an old post (almost two months old)

without quoting the post.

No update. If there was one, you'd have seen one.

Thanks for the warm welcome; unfortunately, Im not a forum troll like
you and do not know all the proper 'posting etiquettes'.

Anyways, anyone who can share their experience with this problem, who
has resolved it, please give us some input.

--
NobleLance
Old May 29th 08, 04:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
NobleLance

Tyler;256605 Wrote:
I can barely use my windows vista, since mostly it will freeze while
doing
random things... the screen almost looks hilighted and the mouse will
do the
mouse
around and maybe click on one or m,ore thing, but basically itll sit
there
for hours if i let it... this happens randomly... sometimes itll happen
right
away when i start up, and sometimes it wont happen at all, but not
usually...
someone told me it might be faulty ram, so i ran memtest 86 for 38
hours
straight and it found no errors... any suggestions?

I'm talking about this problem.

--
NobleLance
Old May 29th 08, 05:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Colin Barnhorst[_2_]

You still haven't described the problem or your computer. Whatever
specifics were in the original thread are not here and you need to start
from the beginning.

Old May 29th 08, 05:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Colin Barnhorst[_2_]

You need to give the specifics of your computer and what steps you have
taken to resolve this. Is this computer in warranty?

Old May 29th 08, 06:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
NobleLance

Also, no warranty; I built the system.

--
NobleLance