Old September 5th 07, 08:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Ronnie Vernon MVP

Default Vista and W2K and NTFS?

Charles

If you read the article that I posted the link to, you'll understand why you
are seeing those folders there. Any folder that has a 'shortcut' (arrow)
icon is a junction point. The article has a list of these juncctions, their
locations and the new location for those folders in Vista.

Here it is again.

Svrops.com - Windows Vista Junction Points:
http://www.svrops.com/svrops/articles/jpoints.htm

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"***** charles" wrote in message
. net...
Hey,

I have found the following to give me access denied
under the "F:\User\Fred\*.*" directory:

Application Data
Cookies
Local Settings
My Documents
NetHood
PrintHood
Recent
SentTo
Start Menu
Templates

Does this mean that all of the above subdirestories under
the user name are "junction points"? I am surprised at the
Start Menu one and wonder where that one went.

thanks,
charles....