Old October 2nd 07, 07:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
neppoz

Default Vista - User Profile was not loaded correctly

Exactly this resolved the problem. Credits to Samir !

"Samir" wrote:

"Samir" wrote:

Same issue here with my domain account that can't log on properly.

I've created other accounts in the domain and they all work fine, but my own
old account cannot load my profile. I get a warning about the temporary
profile being loaded and eventid 1515 and 1511 are logged in the application
log.

I've tried deleting my old profile from C:\Users but it still won't work. I
end up with the C:\Users\TEMP profile.

As this is a domain account (not using roaming profile from the network) I
can't carry out any account modifications on my PC that would help. I'd like
to start using my PC effectivly again, but it's hard when all settings are
cleared everytime I restart...

//Vista Business 64-bit (eng)

My problem was solved using this technique:
1. Restart your PC to release the locks on your profile.
2. Log on with another administrative account
3. Delete C:\Users\%username%
4. Delete C:\Users\TEMP
5. Delete the registry key matching your SID from
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList". Check the value "ProfileImagePath" to make
sure you pick your own profile.
6. Restart once again and then you're done!

Hope this helps someone using domain accounts instead of local ones!