Old October 3rd 07, 06:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Phillip Pi

Default Vista doesn't print to an old HP Deskjet 870Cse printer (parallelconnection)...

On 10/3/2007 11:50 AM PT, HeyBub wrote:

Phillip Pi wrote:
"While the printer is supported natively in Vista, by using the
Parallel to USB cable you would need to have the cable be able to
support Vista. Unfortunately the Belkin cables do not support Vista."
I forgot to mention that the box said it didn't say Vista (98 to XP).
Is this true? I don't see how this would not work. What if one wants
to run Linux?

Why would anyone want to run Linux? Just asking.

As an alternative OS. Dual boot, replacing Windows, whatever. I use it too.
--
Phillip Pi
Senior Software Quality Assurance Analyst