Old October 3rd 07, 09:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
huwyngr

Default Vista doesn't print to an old HP Deskjet 870Cse printer (parallel connection)...

In article , Ant wrote:

USB Parallel Printer Adapter

We find over in the Compuserve PCHardware support that getting those
devices working for a printer is a rarity! The first thing is to get it
recognized in Device Manager and then to hope that VISTA will see the
printer through it. But it's chancy.

Frankly it's a good time to get a new printer. I "sacrificed" my lovely
DJ722C when VISTA came along and got one of the Photosmart 8250
printers and it is beautiful -- fast and wonderful prints.

It's no longer in production but there are others using the same 02
Vivera 6 ink tank cartridges as well as simpler 3 color + black
printers using Vivera inks. Check out www.salescircular.com for weekly
specials at the computer stores in your State.