"Windows Security Center Services can't be started"

Old July 2nd 08, 02:43 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Beoweolf

Default "Windows Security Center Services can't be started"

Once installed, Norton A/V, MacAfee as well as Symantec A/V are extremely
difficult to remove. They are apparently imbedded in the registry, hidden
deeply on several levels. As mentioned by several responders, go to the web
site and see if they offer an uninstall or cleaner file. Alternatively, use
your backup to restore the system to a configuration prior to the A/V
installation.

Check on the internet for cases where others have, post apocalyptically,
found them selves in similar circumstances when desiring or are forced to
remove These invasive security program. As you found out, they tend to leave
behind "bread crumbs' which prevent Defender or Microsoft security programs
from starting, even after they are removed.

"dawa747" wrote in message

I had Norton2007 and the security center was running absulutly fine
simultaneously, as the firewall and the antivirus of norton is shown
under ' window security center' but after i installed McAfee the problem
started, the Window security center cant be started as the job is done
by McAfee Security center. I uninstalled the McAfee antivirus but
couldnt able to unistall the 'McAfee Security Center' and the 'Windows
security center is not starting up.
A help would be appreciated,
Vista is bad too.... beautiful graphics but lacks standard in task.

--
dawa747

Old July 2nd 08, 12:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
dawa747

thanks all.
I cant do system restore as restore is not available beyong ten restore
points.
I consulted with the macafee, but i am not satisfied with their
solution. My problem is still there. cant start windows security center
and cant put on the windows firewall. windows firewall options are
unavailable and says " For security reason, some settings are control by
group policy." I dont know how to check the group policy and am not in
any domain.

--
dawa747
Old July 2nd 08, 04:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Nonny

dawa747 wrote:

thanks all.
I cant do system restore as restore is not available beyong ten restore
points.

Did you check the box that will go further back than five days?

Old July 7th 08, 11:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
brutium

Hello Everyone.

I am Brutium and I am new here.

I surely hope someone will be able to help me. I am currently running
Vista Business edition (32 Bit). Recently I noticed on the taskbar a red
shield with a white X in it. Scrolling over this it says "Windows
Security Alerts". I tried to open it and change the "Automatic
updating", since it has (by magic, Microsoft magic that is...) turned
from on to off. I went through all the necessary steps, but untimately I
get a message that says, "Security Center can't change your automatic
updating settings". I tried to find a solution on the internet, but
without success. I am now turning to you and I hope you will be able to
help me. PS. I cannot run, nor install any Windows Updates. I have
scanned my system for viruses as well as spyware. The system seems to be
clean. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I was using Norton
Corporate edition 10 as an Antivirus, and I do not think it was a norton
problem since I have been running this antivirus for a long time without
any problem.

--
brutium
Old July 7th 08, 12:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Malke[_2_]

brutium wrote:

Hello Everyone.

I am Brutium and I am new here.

(snippage)

You've posted in someone else's thread. That's because you aren't really
posting in a forum like you think you are; you're using a web interface
that simply scrapes Usenet posts. Instead, set up a real newsreader (very
easy to do) and make a new post, including all pertinent information per
the "How To Post" section below. Here's how:

Since you are using a web interface, you may not realize that this is really
a newsgroup. You will get far more out of this resource if you learn to use
a newsreader. There are many good newsreaders for Windows, but you can use
Outlook Express (XP) or Windows Mail (Vista) since you already have it.
Here are some links to information about newsgroups:

About Usenet:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet
http://www.faqs.org/faqs/ - Usenet FAQs from the Internet FAQ Archives
http://www.usenetmonster.com/infocenter/
http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page2.html#Usenet - a brief explanation
of newsgroups

Outlook Express/Windows Mail as Newsreader:
http://michaelstevenstech.com/outloo...snewreader.htm
http://rickrogers.org/setupoe.htm
http://vistasupport.mvps.org/accessi...ndows_mail.htm

How to Post:
http://users.tpg.com.au/bzyhjr/liszt.htm - How Not to Get Technical Help on
Usenet

microsoft.public.test.here - MS group to test if your newsreader is working
properly
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/munad.htm - how to munge email address
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossposting - crossposting
http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm - multiposting