"Windows Security Center Services can't be started"

Old April 15th 07, 04:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Doug

Default "Windows Security Center Services can't be started"

I downloaded and installed Norton antivirus 2007 for Vista. After a
successful download, I turned on the firewall, checked for security updates,
and ran live update. Now, the Security Center Services will not open. I
talked to symantec and they informed me that once I downloaded Norton 2007,
it migrated with Windows security and there is no problem. I have a GREEN
check mark on my Norton icon in the systray and appear to be protected. I
still would like to know if what symantec said is true, do I not need to
worry about Windows Security Center opening? Anyone having this same
problem? If so, I would like to hear from you. Thanks.
Old April 15th 07, 05:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Grant

Yeah, I have the same problem, but is Norton what caused it? Because I
uninstalled it, and the Security Center still wont start.. and its pretty
lame cause I dont have a firewall besides McAfee, and i feel that its not
helping at all. :/

Old April 16th 07, 06:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Doug

I'm assuming Norton caused it because the Security Center was fine before
firewall is on. I have a green checkmark in the Norton icon which is
indicating I am protected. However, the fact that I can't open the Security
Center is troublesome to me. Not sure what to do, if anything.

Old April 25th 07, 10:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
lester valle

i have the same problem here gentlemen. and it seems we are blaming it
on one thing, norton 2007.

everything seemed to work well. my security center was functional,
until i installed norton. eversince, i can't turn my security center on.

i already uninstalled norton from my pc, but still the problem exists.

i hope microsoft would check on this problem.

--
lester valle
Old June 7th 07, 04:43 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
MRPGWEB

I have the Same problem. I downloaded Nortons 2007 and I am getting the exact
same thing and I am not sure what needs to be done to resolve this?? HELP !

Old June 14th 07, 05:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Wfeg

Doug

I have the same problem, except that the error message 'security center
can't be started' started to appear after the last windows Vista update
(12-Jun-07). Prior to that, Security Center worked OK. Yes, I have Norton
Anti-Virus 2007 installed, but this does not seem to be the problem with me
because Security Center has worked up until the last Windows Vista Update.

The problem falls squarely on Microsoft to fix this problem. Windows Vista
is so buggy that it should never have been released. There are many problems
with Vista. I have a core 2 duo computer running Windows Vista Home Premium.
This runs much slower than my previous computer (Pentium 4/2.4 GHz) running
Windows XP. Vista takes far too long to shut down. Updates invariably cause
more problems than they cure. Security messages pop up everywhere all the
time. Is this user-friendliness? Is this
progress??????????????????????????????????

Microsoft- you have got your fingers severly burnt with Vista. Do something
about it please.

Wfeg

Old June 30th 08, 04:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
dawa747

I had Norton2007 and the security center was running absulutly fine
simultaneously, as the firewall and the antivirus of norton is shown
under ' window security center' but after i installed McAfee the problem
started, the Window security center cant be started as the job is done
by McAfee Security center. I uninstalled the McAfee antivirus but
couldnt able to unistall the 'McAfee Security Center' and the 'Windows
security center is not starting up.
A help would be appreciated,
Vista is bad too.... beautiful graphics but lacks standard in task.

--
dawa747
Old June 30th 08, 05:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Rojo Habe[_3_]

Do you have a System Restore point from a time before you installed McAfee?
You might even find McAfee created one for you.

Click the Start button and type 'system restore' (without the quotes),
followed by Enter. If Windows throws up a security message, click the
Continue button. After a few seconds System Restore should appear. If the
date of the suggested restore point is before you installed McAfee, click
Next, and on the next page click Finish. If the suggested restore point is
after you installed McAfee, select "Choose a different restore point" before
clicking Next. This will give you a list of recent restore points. If they
don't go far back enough, tick the box that says "Show restore points older
than 5 days". If you can find one that says "Installed McAfee" or something
similar, pick that, otherwise pick one that occurs immediately before you
installed it (or as close as you can). Click Next and follow the
instructions. Windows will reboot and restore your system to the time
selected. You will not lose any files in the process, but any software
you've installed since that time will have to be installed again.

Old June 30th 08, 09:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Mick Murphy

Go to McAfee's site, and get their Removal Tool to remove the remains of
their Program!
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

Old July 1st 08, 07:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Milo

Just a Question did you remove Norton properly prior to installation of
mcafee? Anyhow a direct support group for your concern is available if
you're in the US/CANADA
try calling up a free support group 866 727 2338 ( Microsoft PCSafety )