Old October 5th 07, 06:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Default Vista doesn't print to an old HP Deskjet 870Cse printer (parallel connection)...

It seems like a good time to get a newer printer.
Adapters are possible, but they often do not work.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"Ant" wrote in message
Hello.

I have an old college friend who has a fairly new Gateway computer
from April/May 2007. It came with Windows Vista. She has a printing
problem with her old HP Deskjet 870Cse printer (parallel
connection).

She bought a Belkin USB Parallel Printer Adapter (part number
F5U002v1). She says the box doesn't say Vista support. Is this a
problem? I don't think it is since it is just a cable adapter.

When she tries to print, Vista saves as a XPS file and not send to
the printer. I read that XPS is like PDF. It sounds like Vista
doesn't have her printer connected (asked her to check -- I hope she
knows how to find it).

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/bpd04246.pdf for the PDF
manual.

Based on
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...=61012&lang=en
... Vista knows about this printer so no downloaded driver needed.

I am helping her through e-mails since she isn't close by for me to
visit.

Any ideas? Thank you in advance.
--
"I am afraid that I am convinced that a community of human beings is
a far more useful thing than a community of ants, and that if the
| |o o| | Ant's Quality Foraged Links (AQFL):
http://aqfl.net
\ _ / Remove ANT from e-mail address:
NT
( ) or