Old October 16th 07, 12:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
Cal Bear '66

Default Can Control my dv camera but no video capture issue

Here is a Microsoft hotfix that may help with firewire problems:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/930495

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"mantaloor" wrote in message
I have a brand new computer with vista ultimate 64 bit, dual core 2 and the
firewire card is built on this laptop from dell but anything is suficient for
capture video tru Ieee on vista. Xp is ok no problems
This issue may no have solution ?

"Graham Hughes" wrote:

Movie Maker in XP and Vista is not really designed to work with USB or
analogue sources, so you were lucky to have it working in XP and it's not
really going to happen in Vista. Can't you use the app which came with you
cam to capture?

--

Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"andrew" wrote in message
hi,
i also have a sony DCR-P6E camrecorder and like you i also cannot get
my laptop to register that a dv cam is connected either by USB or S-video
although this did work on XP. i have checked the sony web site for vista
compatable drivers but none are avaible have sent them an e-mail with this
problem but have not heard back from them yet.

any ideas are welcome

"technochrista" wrote:

Howard,

I don't have a solution to your problem. I too have a sony camera that
hooks
to a USB port. Although the Windows XP version of Movie Maker used to
detect
the camera, the newer Vista version does not. Sadly, my web camera which
also used frequently to capture video using Movie Maker also does not
work. I
am hopeful that Microsoft will realize this problem and will release a
patch.
I have my fingers crossed.

"Howard" wrote:

I plugged in my Sony Digital Video Camera through the USB port and
Movie
Maker refuses to acknokledge the hook up is there.

I followed the suggestions listed in the Help section, turning my
camera on
and making sure it is in play mode etc.

Can anyone help?