Old November 4th 07, 04:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Barb Bowman

Default Card Reader won't read 2Gb SD card

do you have the actual link to the forum? the info you posted may be
specific to TI controllers or a subset of them.

Before anyone tried this, they should back up the registry key.

On Fri, 2 Nov 2007 06:18:03 +0530, pedro_silva
wrote:

I got the same problem here. I have a notebook hp nc6400 running windows
vista and it was not able to recognize correctly my 2GB SD card. The
solution above I found in a forum at HP.com.

Run regedit and edit the key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\ tifm21\Parameters.
Change the value from 16 (Decimal) to 1. Reboot and voilą.

It worked fine for me... I hope it can work for you guys too.

Regards

--

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP