Old November 9th 07, 11:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Mark

Default Network Printer Problems

I'm using a standard TCP/IP port and disabling the firewall makes no
difference, the print stops just before the end.

"Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:

Are you using Standard TCP/IP Port or HP Standard TCP/IP port?

Will the printer work properly if you disable the Windows firewall?

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"Mark" wrote in message
I recently purchased an HP F380 all-in-one printer. It connects to the
network through a print server. Everything works fine from the XP Laptop
and
XP desktop, but both of the Vista laptops cannot print correctly. In both
cases the print gets 90% done then stops until eventually an error message
is
displayed in the print queue.

I have downloaded the latest driver from HP but this makes no difference.
The printer works fine if connected to either Vista laptop directly
through
the USB cable, but that is not a convenient solution.

The print server is TCP/IP so the O/S shouldn't matter and I can ping the
server from all the PC's on the network.

Anyone have any ideas?