Old November 9th 07, 06:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Guest

Default Drivers for Toshiba e-Studio45 GA-1040 PCL PrinterBoard 1.3

Three other points, this Vista test computer is not part of a domain,
and I am connecting to the printer via LPT1 for the tests, and UAC is
enabled.

wrote in message
I have been unable to find x86 Vista drivers for this
photocopier/printer. I attempted to load the XP driver
ga1040-v13c-wxp-pcl.exe from
http://copiers.toshiba.com/support/c.../ga-1040.shtml but this
failed to install on Vista, with an error message "Unable to install
printer. Operation could not be completed (error 0x000003eb)." This
occurs when choosing these printers from the setup options:
TOSHIBA e-STUDIO28-45 srs-PCL6EU
TOSHIBA e-STUDIO28-45 srs-PCL6UC
The third option, TOSHIBA e-STUDIO28-45 GL-PSL3 installs to Vista without
an error message but cannot be used to print, since the printer does not
have the Postscript module installed.

Using the Windows Update option does get additional Toshiba e-STUDIO
models, but the e-STUDIO45 is not listed.

I did find the printer on the Windows XP HCL at
http://winqual.microsoft.com/downloa...inXPHCLx86.txt
"TOSHIBA e-STUDIO45 Series / GA1040 (PCL6) WLP 2.0" but I have no idea if
WLP 2.0 drivers should work in Vista.

I have also reviewed these resources
"Printer Installation in Windows Vista"
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/xps/pkginstall.mspx
"Print Driver Compatibility with Windows Vista"
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/xps/drv-compat.mspx

and tried to install the driver by running "pnputil.exe -a oemsetup.inf".
That loads the driver on the local computer, but does not solve the error
message 0x000003eb.

Lastly I attempted to call Toshiba at the number listed on the driver
webpage 1-800-GO-TOSHIBA (1-800-468-674 4) option 1 for
photocopiers/printers is only a dealer locator service, no tech support
available!

I welcome any suggestions on how to get this printer to work under
Vista, and I will also need x64 drivers in the near future to support
printing from our two servers running Windows Server 2008 and Windows
Server 2003.