Old November 23rd 07, 04:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Elliott

Default Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller (Code 12)

Sounds like Windows 98 or XP.

My suggestion is that we submit the additional information to MS.

Also, we can list what we have on our systems and see if there is something
in common. We can all post the first page of System Information as a start.

Here's mine:

OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Business
Version 6.0.6000 Build 6000
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name SERVER
System Manufacturer GBT___
System Model NVDAACPI
System Type X86-based PC
Processor AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+, 2400 Mhz, 2
Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Award Software International, Inc. F4, 12/28/2006
SMBIOS Version 2.3
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.0.6000.16386"
User Name Server\elwoodpc
Time Zone Central Standard Time
Total Physical Memory 2,046.94 MB
Available Physical Memory 1.03 GB
Total Virtual Memory 4.21 GB
Available Virtual Memory 2.99 GB
Page File Space 2.29 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

As additional information, MB is SLI-5 Gigabyte with Nvidia Chipset and
running EV3A GeForce 7900 video card. Nvidia & Gigabyte SATA running Raid 5.

"charsi" wrote:

hey guys i found this reply on the following website

http://tinyurl.com/3cvrp3

"Netman66:
Open the properties of the device with the exclamation point on it in
device manager.
On the Resources tab you can uncheck the box for use automatic settings
the select the Change settings button.

Assign it an IRQ and IO that isn't in conflict. Use caution with the
IO - you need to figure out what it wants to use on a machine running a
downlevel OS that doesn't have the issue.

11.17.2007 at 01:02AM PST, ID: 20303762
"
so i tried to follow wat he said .... but i dont get the option of
"automatic settings"

any tips ?

--
charsi