Old September 4th 06, 01:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
JW

Default low memory when trying to play dvd's

When you say newest Nvidia Vista drivers are you referring to the 96.33
drivers that were just released (9/1)?
"CassMori" wrote in message
I also have this problem. Fresh install of Vista Beta 2.

2.6 P4 HT
2 GB RAM (1.36 free currently, according to Task Manager)
WinFast 5900 Ultra 256 MB (newest Nvidia driver)
paging file set to 2346, system managed (using 1.19 GB currently according
to Task Manager)

"JBejarano" wrote:

I recently developed a problem with trying to play dvd's using either
Media
Player or Media Center in Vista beta 2. If I try to play them with Media
Player, I get a "low memory" error. If I try it in Media Center, it does
nothing at all. I must admit it has been a couple of weeks since the last
time I tried to play a dvd, but up until today, I had no problems playing
them. I tried restoring to a point a few weeks ago, no help. I tried
reinstalling a fresh copy of Vista, still nothing. I can play videos,
music,
etc. with either one, I just cant play dvd's. Any one have any ideas?
in case it helps:
Pentium Extreme Edition 840
2GB RAM
BFG GeForce 7900GTX-OC 512MB PCI-Express