Remote desktop settings

Old May 12th 07, 09:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
T5

Default Remote desktop settings

I have my home PC running Vista HP and I have my laptop running win xp home,
can I remotely connect to my vista HP machine from my laptop? and if so,
please tell me how to configure my machines to enable me to do this. I am
also using Norton protection centre 2007 so please tell me how to configure
my firewall etc etc.

My machines are wirelessley connected through a BT home hub, my main PC is
host and all other machines access the internet wirelessly through a
residential gateway.

Old May 12th 07, 09:57 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
Sooner Al [MVP]

Vista Home Premium can *NOT* act as a Remote Desktop host. That is by
design. Some versions of VNC may be Vista compatible so you could use that
as an alternative...

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

mutual benefit of all of us...
rights...

Old May 12th 07, 12:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
Mike

Any Idea what version of VNC will work? I have tried version 4.1 with no
luck. I allow it when my McAfee asks but it is still not connecting.

Thanks in advance.

Old May 12th 07, 12:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
Mike

Update on VNC Version 4.12...
I did get the version above to work with no issues on my local network and
accessing it from the outside with Windows Vista PC running as the server.