Another VISTA 64 Install Thread...

Old May 15th 07, 02:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
95wildtt

Default Another VISTA 64 Install Thread...

Trying to Install VISTA Ultimate 64 on my new machine...
I have a 64 bit only OEM disc, purchased from Fry's...

Intel DQ965GF
Intel Core 2 Quad (6600) CPU 2.4GHz
4 GB DDR2-800 DRAM (Corsair XMS)
2 x Maxtor 500GB SATA-2 HDD
1 x Samsung DVD Drive (SATA)
-There is nothing else installed in the system...

-Updated the BIOS to the latest Rev. 5882 on Intel's site
-Installed XP Pro, just to be sure the machine was OK...

I have been unable to get past one of these 2 BSOD right after the Install
disc runs the "Windows is Loading files..."

- A problem has occured...
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Stop: 0x0000000A

- Machine has been Shut down...
Stop: 0x0000007E

I've disabled everything on the Motherboard and had no changes. I removed
the SATA HDDs & CD and went back to PATA drives and no difference...

Tried 1GB, 2GB and 4GB or DRAM, with no difference...

I was able to get to the next screen (where the small progress bar was
running) only 1 time and the I got the second error screen after a few
seconds. Haven't been able to duplicate this since.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
John
Old May 17th 07, 04:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Manuel B. Nonaca

Sound like driver problem.....also you fail to address the video card?

http://aumha.org/a/stop.htm

--
Manuel Nonaca
MIS/M University of Phoenix Online

Old May 17th 07, 09:21 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Freakant

I had a very similar error with my Core 2 Quad system.
I managed to install Vista 64 if I unplugged my SATA DVD drive when Vista
was about to boot up for the first time.
Now I have a Vista 64 installed but no DVD drive