Old September 26th 06, 07:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
IQM

Default Unable to connect to wireless network

Yes, I've seen more or less the same issue with mij SMC router. Without any
security I can perfectly connect to my wireless network. When I'm using WPA
TKIP settings I get the message that windows cannot connect due to a time out.

"RagingSamster" wrote:

Per chance are you running in WPA mode on your router?

I found that Vista saw my Linksys WRT54G router set up with WPA-Personal
TKIP as a WEP network, It would not connect until I reconfigured the router
to WEP.

Are any others experiencing this issue?
--
Sam

"Josh" wrote:

I just upgraded to Vist RC1. I can not connect to my wireless network. I
can see the network but cant connect. I could connect to it when I had XP
and I can connect to my neighbors network. I think that I have checked all
the normal settings? Any suggestions?