Old December 14th 07, 11:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Dave

Default scanning w/ Vista

You can't easily edit an image file.
To get the image to an editable format you need to run a OCR program to
convert the graphics to text.
Since you have Office, you probably have a way to do this.
Look under Start - All Programs - MS Office Tools
and see if you have MS Document Imaging
(I have Office 2003, and I have this program, but I upgraded from XP, so I
have some stuff that carried over)

You can scan & convert to text with this program. You should be able to
save to a Word file. However, the formatting may get all messed up, so I
don't know if it will be all that usable.

Or, if your HP Director software works with Vista (mine doesn't), it should
have a OCR feature.

"steven richards" wrote in message
I am trying to scan an employment application to edit and customize for my
business. I can scan the document but I can not make any changes to it.
Can
anyone help me with this as HP has not been able to. I am using an HP
Officejet 5610 All in one. I am using the Vista program along with Office
2007 Professional. I am look to edit the text in the scanned document to
insert company name etc. and to set styles and themes to the document.
--
Steven R.