If Restaurants functioned like Microsoft....

Old May 31st 07, 02:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Ben Dover

Default If Restaurants functioned like Microsoft....

If Restaurants functioned like Microsoft....
If restaurants functioned like shrink-wrapped (Microsoft) softwa

Patron: Waiter!
Waiter: Hi, my name is Bill, and I'll be your Support Waiter. What seems to
be the problem?
Patron: There's a fly in my soup!
Waiter: Try again, maybe the fly won't be there this time.
Patron: No, it's still there.
Waiter: Maybe it's the way you're using the soup; try eating it with a fork
instead.
Patron: Even when I use the fork, the fly is still there.
Waiter: Maybe the soup is incompatible with the bowl; what kind of bowl are
you using?
Patron: A SOUP bowl!
Waiter: Hmmm, that should work. Maybe it's a configuration problem; how was
the bowl set up?
Patron: You brought it to me on a saucer;what has that to do with the fly in
my soup?!
Waiter: Can you remember everything you did before you noticed the fly in
your soup?
Patron: I sat down and ordered the Soup of the Day!
Waiter: Have you considered upgrading to the latest Soup of the Day?
Patron: You have more than one Soup of the Day each day??
Waiter: Yes, the Soup of the Day is changed every hour.
Patron: Well, what is the Soup of the Day now?
Waiter: The current Soup of the Day is tomato.
Patron: Fine. Bring me the tomato soup, and the check. I'm running late now.

[waiter leaves and returns with another bowl of soup and the check]

Waiter: Here you are, Sir. The soup and your check.
Patron: This is potato soup.
Waiter: Yes, the tomato soup wasn't ready yet.
Patron: Well, I'm so hungry now, I'll eat anything.

[waiter leaves.]

Patron: Waiter! There's a gnat in my soup!

The check:

Soup of the Day . ........... . . . . . . . . . $7.00
Upgrade to newer Soup of the Day. . . . . . . . $4.50
Access to support . . . . . . . . . . ..........$3.00

Old May 31st 07, 05:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Wayne L.

Ben, "If restaurants funtioned like Microsoft" - they'd be rich! As long as
fools like you and me and all the posters in these spaces keep buying
Microsoft, and crap like McDonalds and Coca Cola, and going back to places
like in your humorous story, they will be rich. People WANT Coke with its 40%
sugar content. There's no use blaming Coca Cola. Or Microsoft.
It's us that have to get a brain. They have a brain. That's why they're rich
and I'm not. The consumer is to blame for continuously being stupid. That's
my opinion.
Thanks, Wayne
--

Wayne L.

"Julie Smith" wrote:

LOL :-)

Old May 31st 07, 06:05 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Wayne L.

Since I don't want Coca Cola coming after me, I make this correction to the
previous. Coke is not 40% sugar.
A 355 ml. can contains 39 grams of sugar; Pepsi has 41 grams. There's your
40. Grams - not per cent.
Put another way, one can contains a bit more than 2 Tablespoons of sugar.
About 11 cans of Coke contain 1 pound (454 grams) of sugar. Many kids drink
this much pop daily!
As soft drinks and juices go, Coke is on the low side. Minute Maid Orange
Juice has 48 grams! Only 9 cans of this gives you 1 pound of sugar
Now I ask any one - Whose fault is it if we consume this or let our children
consume it?
I know this is a Vista site but I think any reasonable person can make the
connection.
We have to become more intelligent and demanding consumers.
Thanks, Wayne
--

Wayne L.

"Wayne L." wrote:

Ben, "If restaurants funtioned like Microsoft" - they'd be rich! As long as
fools like you and me and all the posters in these spaces keep buying
Microsoft, and crap like McDonalds and Coca Cola, and going back to places
like in your humorous story, they will be rich. People WANT Coke with its 40%
sugar content. There's no use blaming Coca Cola. Or Microsoft.
It's us that have to get a brain. They have a brain. That's why they're rich
and I'm not. The consumer is to blame for continuously being stupid. That's
my opinion.
Thanks, Wayne
--

Wayne L.

"Julie Smith" wrote:

LOL :-)

Old May 31st 07, 04:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Jimmy Brush

I'd be more worried about the orange juice reference than the coke
reference. I hope you're not in florida

- JB

Old May 31st 07, 04:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
@lias

Jimmy Brush wrote:
I'd be more worried about the orange juice reference than the coke
reference. I hope you're not in florida

- JB

Minute Maid is owned by Coca Cola.

Alias

Old May 31st 07, 04:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Nina DiBoy

Wayne L. wrote:
Ben, "If restaurants funtioned like Microsoft" - they'd be rich! As long as
fools like you and me and all the posters in these spaces keep buying
Microsoft, and crap like McDonalds and Coca Cola, and going back to places
like in your humorous story, they will be rich. People WANT Coke with its 40%
sugar content. There's no use blaming Coca Cola. Or Microsoft.
It's us that have to get a brain. They have a brain. That's why they're rich
and I'm not. The consumer is to blame for continuously being stupid. That's
my opinion.
Thanks, Wayne

Ah yes, the sheeple!

--
Priceless quotes in m.p.w.vista.general group:
http://protectfreedom.tripod.com/kick.html

Most recent idiotic quote added to KICK (Klassic Idiotic Caption Kooks):
"Spoken like a true NixTurd (oops, NixTard)."

"Good poets borrow; great poets steal."
- T. S. Eliot
Old May 31st 07, 06:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Jimmy Brush

Ok, you got me

Still, referring to soft drinks as unhealthy is not as taboo as
referring to orange juice as unhealthy, even if it is being sold by a
soft drink company.

I have heard that it is even illegal to imply that OJ is unhealthy in
advertising in some parts of florida, unless you have some hard
scientific data to back up your claims.

- JB